Welcome to VPMU's Blog
VPMU: Infrastructure Development Projects
PVUDPPort Vila Urban Development Project - The Government of Vanuatu in Partnership with Australian Government and ADB are proud to fund the Port Vila Urban Development Project as one of the major investment in the nation's capital.
VISSPVanuatu Inter-Island Shipping Project - The Inter-island Shipping Project will eliminate tremendous challenges both the shipping owners and the people in outer island of Vanuatu. The total value of projects is estimated at USD 26.82 million.
LapetasiLapetasi International Multi-purpose Wharf Project - The necessity of the dedicated deep water berth has arisen from the recent significant growth in demand of the international shipping in Port Vila.
VTIPVanuatu Tourism Infrastructure Project - The VTI Project is jointly funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), the Enhanced Integrated Framework programme, and the Government of Vanuatu. The project has a proposed budget of NZ$22.65 million and will be used to provide significant improvements to tourism related infrastructure in Port Vila, particularly the seafront precinct.
Links and Information from Japanese International Cooperation Agency program website
Links and Information from Australian Aid program website
External LinksImportant Links -
Links and Information from Asian Development Bank website
- Vanuatu's Factsheet
- ADB-Vanuatu Partnership Strategy
- Country Planning Documents
- Vanuatu: Cofinancing
- Vanuatu - Cofinancing
Links and Information from New Zealand Aid program website
News from other media
Below are news articles from oversea's media that are relevant to VPMU's project. Even though, they are related we are not entitle to any misinformation from their article. VPMU management will continue to ensure that links below provides reliable information and does not pose any risk againts the government of Vanuatu and its stakeholders.
- SCOOP, NZ - ADB & Australia Help Vanuatu Improve Urban Development
- SCOP, NZ - Vanuatu shipping project launched
- PINA, PNG - By Johnson Wabaiat, Director of the Vanuatu Project Management Unit (VPMU), and Stephen Blaik, ADB Senior Urban Development Specialist
- ISLANDLIFE Magazine, Port Vila - The new face of Port Vila’s Seafront
- Vanuatu Tourism Island News Blog - Turn Port Vila into ‘Pearl of the South Pacific’: Crowby