- Concept, preliminary and detailed design plans were prepared between 2012 and 2014. A range of consultation activities were undertaken with Government of Vanuatu (GoV), key stakeholders and the public to develop the final design.
- An open public tender process commenced on 13th March and closed on 8th May 2015. Tenders were received from companies based in Vanuatu, Australia and New Zealand.
- The Tender Evaluation Panel, comprised of representatives from the Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Utilities (MIPU), the Vanuatu Project Management Unit (VPMU), New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (NZ MFAT) and Beca International Consultants Ltd (Beca) as the Engineer. All tenders were assessed by the panel in accordance with the assessment criteria set out in the tender documents, which included quality and value for money attributes, and a recommendation was provided to GoV.
- Hawkins Infrastructure Ltd (Hawkins) were the highest scoring tenderer on all three contracts. Therefore, the Government of Vanuatu awarded all three contracts to Hawkins. The three contracts have been combined into one contract with separable portions for each area of work.
- An official project launching ceremony will be held on 28th August 2015 at the seafront stage.
Further information on Works Expected This Month and Public Health & Safety can be downloaded below