The Government of Vanuatu (the government) has received financial assistance from Asian Development Bank’s ongoing technical assistance programs towards improving project management capabilities within the government agencies including Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Utilities (MIPU), Vanuatu Project Management Unit (VPMU), Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and other government agencies undertaking infrastructure projects in Vanuatu. Part of the financing will be utilized for services of two national project management experts and will be recruited within Vanuatu and engaged by VPMU.
The selected candidates will be expected to work closely with international consultants within MIPU and VPMU and contribute to smooth implementation and completion of the ongoing infrastructure projects in Vanuatu.
The Candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
• A degree or diploma in engineering or any other related field;
• Previous experience in managing and implementing infrastructure projects;
• Knowledge of project life cycle;
• Knowledge of the government policies and procedures for project implementation;
• Knowledge of engineering, environmental safeguards, land acquisition and resettlement, climate change adaptation and disaster and risk management will be an asset;
• Previous experience of managing and implementing multilateral and development partner funded projects in Pacific countries will be an advantage;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to undertake responsibilities at a high level of skill and professionalism; and
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
The advertised position is a local consultant position for a 2-year fixed term appointment. The remuneration for the position is negotiable.
This position will be based in Port Vila, Vanuatu and report directly to Director, VPMU. Gender and cultural diversity is a core recruitment value and women are encouraged to apply. Due to the volume of applications, VPMU will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Interested candidates will be requested to send in applications to the below address on or before 2pm, Wednesday 8th March 2017.
VPMU Port Vila Mall Building, Paris Street PO Box 192 Port Vila, Vanuatu