The VPMU steering committee consist of the following setups:
- Eight voting members representing government ministries; departments; PSC and non-voting observers from development Partner Agenciesas may be required.
See Steering Committee Structure:
The VPMU steering committee consist of the folowing government agency;
- Director General of the Office of the Prime Minister;
- Director General of the Ministry of Finance & Economic Management;
- Director General of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Public Utilities
- Director of Public Works Department;
- Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Director of the Finance Department; and
- Director of the Department of Strategic Policy and Planning.
- Secretary General of Public Service Commission
The responsibilities and authority of the steering committe includes the following:
CONDUCTING OVERSIGHT WITH RESPECT TO:
- the program management unit;
- the overall implementation of development projects; and
- the performance by the VPMU of some or all of the responsibilities or obligations of the Government or the exercise by the VPMU of any rights of the Government related to the execution of development projects;
- performing such other obligations and oversight functions in respect of VPMU activities as contemplated by applicable Vanuatu laws and this Charter and contracts as executed;
- setting the terms of employment (including compensation) and the employment agreement forall contract staff, and any amendments thereto; and
- hiring and dismissing members of the program management unit, and of any employee, consultant or expert to be hired by the VPMU whose gross monthly compensation is greater than [VT 500,000], and the applicable terms of employment (including compensation) and the employment agreement for such person, and any amendments thereto
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS, EACH OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS OF THE VPMU ARE SPECIFICALLY SUBJECT TO THE PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE STEERING COMMITTEE:
- any change in the number of members of the steering committee;
- any amendment to the Charter; and
- any decision to (i) reorganize the VPMU, (ii) dissolve, wind up or liquidate the VPMU, or (iii) to make any other change in the legal organization of the VPMU.
STEERING COMMITTEE MEETINGS
The steering committee shall meet as often as reasonably necessary to meet the requirements of the executing agency during implementation of the development projects.
At all meetings of the steering committee a majority of the voting members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business (a “Quorum”). If at any meeting of the steering committee a Quorum is not present, proper notice shall be sent to (or receipt thereof is waived or deemed waived by) each voting member stating that the meeting will be reconvened with the same agenda no less than seven calendar days following the original meeting. If Quorum is not present after the second attempt, action shall be taken by written consent as set forth in section 16.