REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
1. This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in dgMarket online 31st March 2015.
2. The Government of the Republic of Vanuatu has received a loan from the International Development Association under the Pacific Aviation Investment Program (PAIP) and it is intended to apply part of the proceeds to payments for the Contract – Consulting Services – Selection of an Individual Consultant –National Project Manager
3. PAIP is a regional aviation project with the development objective to provide safe and secure air transport operations and environmentally sustainable and efficient airports and is being implemented in five (5) Pacific Island countries: Tonga, Tuvalu, Kiribati, Samoa and Vanuatu. The projects’ implementing Entity is Tonga Airports Ltd (TAL), who leads the projects via the TFSU “Technical and Fiduciary Services Unit”.
4. TFSU now seeks a National Project Manager for the Vanuatu Aviation Investment Project (VAIP) to provide assistance to VPMU for all current projects and in particular to ensure that the VAIP is implemented successfully. A detailed description of the requirements of the position is included in the Terms of Reference (TOR). You may download a copy of the TOR from here:
It is anticipated that the Consultant will commence as soon as possible for a two (2) year period, with a possible one (1) year extension based in-country in Port Vila, Vanuatu. The Consultant must also be available to travel to PAIP countries.
5. TFSU now invites interested and eligible persons to provide their Expression of Interest consisting of a i) Curriculum Vitae, ii) list of 3 references with relevant contract details and iii) a Statement addressing the Selection Criteria contained within the TOR, demonstrating that they possess the relevant qualifications and experience to perform the services. The consultant shall have following experience and qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary qualification from a recognized institution or equivalent operational qualification.
- Relevant experience in a senior management or project management role
- Experience in managing multi-faceted projects with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in managing multi-faceted projects with diverse stakeholders Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English and Bislama, with demonstrable high level reporting skill
The most qualified and suitable candidate may be interviewed prior to negotiating a Contract.
6. A firm is eligible to nominate an individual – however, note that only the experience and qualifications of the nominated individual shall be used in the selection process, and that (their) corporate experience shall not be taken into account. The firm, if proposing an individual must specify whether the contract would be signed with the firm or the proposed individual.
7. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
8. The Consultant will be selected based on “Selection of an Individual Consultant” in accordance with the “Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011, which can be accessed at www.worldbank.org/procure.
9. Please submit your Expression of Interest details to the address below no later than Wednesday, 25th September 2015. Email submissions will be accepted. Your Submission should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for VAIP National Project Manager, Contract Reference Number VAN/ICS/V-E01
10. Attention: Ms Pua Latu Physical Address: